"MG" stands for Morris Garage. A dealer of Morris Cars began to produce customized and rebodied Morris cars in 1924. In 1952 MG was bought by BMC. Production ceased
in 1980. Between 1982 and 1991 the MG badge was used on customized cars of the Austin Rover Group. In 1992 the marque was revived.
Between 1994 and 2005 BMW was the owner of MG, since then it is the Nanjing Automobile Group.